Thursday, October 6, 2011

Journal Oct 5, 2011

EXERCISE
I did week 4 day 2 of the C25K program. This consisted of a 5 minute warm up, 3 minute run, 90 second walk, 5 minute run, 2 1/2 minute walk, 3 minute run, 90 second walk, 5 minute run and then a 5 minute cool down. The same thing all three days this week. Next week is when things get changed up! I decided to do my run on the streets in the neighborhood this time since I was getting really bored with doing it in the backyard. (Yes I've done all past runs in my back yard! You should see the path I've beaten down!) I have to say that it is a lot harder. First of all, I think the pavement is harder on your legs and feet, secondly there are hills!! I was on an uphill climb when I started my first 5 minute run and I finished it but it really took it out of me! I still did the whole thing except the last 45 seconds of the last 5 minute run. I was just so out of breath and getting side splints. This is the first time that's happened. I started getting it pretty early into my last run but I tried to be really mindful of my breathing and work through it but I just couldn't. Plus it was another uphill portion so I had to walk the last little bit. Oh well. I'm not going to beat myself up about it.

FOOD
I did really well food-wise today. I had one of the home made granola bars that my love makes that are about 175 calories and have 6 gm protein on my way home from work because I knew I'd need something to fuel me if I was going to run first thing. For lunch I had vegan meatballs with red sauce and rotini, steamed broccoli and some sliced tomato. Yum! Dinner was at my parents house. Veggie fajitas with no cheese and vegan sour cream. Spanish rice on the side. I'd only had about 900 calories all day so before bed while Love and I watched TV I had a little piece of this vegan chocolate cake she made. It was 300ish calories but so worth it!! Oh and I've been vegan exclusively for weeks now. :)

No comments: