Thursday, September 22, 2011

Journal 9/22/11

I did my C25K Week 2 Day 3 today. This is three days in a row that I've done my running!!! I was so sore last night I didn't know if I was going to be able to do it today but I just went out and did it. The secret for me is to put my exercise clothes next to the toilet in my bathroom so I have to look at them every time I go in there. And since I'm sitting there on the toilet half dressed anyhow it's enough motivation for me to just put the clothes on. Once I have the clothes on then I might as well go out and just start. I always give myself permission to stop if I need to but I never do. I don't feel worn out until about half way thru if I do get worn out and once I've started then I like to just finish it. I spent the $1.99 for the C25K app on my phone and I love it. I can listen to my music while I do it and that helps me get focused too. When it's time to run or walk a voice comes on and tells me and when I do a run it always says "good job!"  It seems corny but it really does help. There is one for the 10K training program as well and I've already purchased it. Once I complete this 9 week program I plan to just start that on the following week. No excuses.

Another thing I have done to keep me motivated to keep going is to plan to run in a 5k on Nov 20th. I haven't paid for it yet but I plan to. Once I've paid for it then I'm IN! I want all of us to do it together. That's why we're all doing the training together now. I think it would be awesome to be able to run 5Ks together as a family. Since my girls are older it's really nice and it gives them a good base to keep going into their adulthood. I was never into sports or any sort of activity. We just never did that stuff as a family. I think showing them that activity can be fun to do is a good thing that they'll take with them. Maybe that way they won't struggle with weight as they get older. I hope.

As far as food I'm doing pretty well. I had a half a grapefruit this morning along with a couple pieces of pumpkin bread that K made. It was nice. She also made up a recipe for granola bars that are nut free, yummy and packed with protein. Plus they're vegan. Of course. They turned out great!! Maybe that'll be a great breakfast for when we're on the go. Lunch is red beans and rice and salad with vinaigrette. Yum! Dinner was pasta with vegan meatballs and red sauce with some texas toast. Also yum. I don't count calories or anything. I just make sure I stay vegan and control my portion size. It seems to be working so far!!

No comments: